Protomatic offers a diverse array of precision CNC turning capabilities available from a seasoned, professional team of dedicated craftsmen trained in CAD, CAM, and ready to tackle any CNC machining task in any medium - from plastic, aluminum and steel to super alloys, titanium and refractory metals. We pride ourselves on in-house design services, precision CNC machining, and custom prototype manufacturing for a variety of industries including automotive, electronic, medical, and optical.
Protomatic has access to the most recent machinery to custom-make your part to your specific needs using the following equipment and methods:
- Coordinate Measurement System
- CNC 4-Axis and Standard Vertical Mills
- CNC 3-Axis and Standard Lathes
- 130/25/1 Ton Presses
- MIG, TIG, ARC, and Oxy/Acetylene Welding
- Sheet Metal Equipment; Bending & Punching
- Prototype Stampings
- Electronic Assembly
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Surface Grinding
- Glass Bead Blasting
- Medical Clean Room Benches
- Optical Comparator
We are well-versed and knowledgeable with a variety of materials such as:
- Aluminum 2024-T3, 2024-T4, Aircraft Aluminum 6061-T6, 7075-T6, T73 (Alclad), Naval Aluminum 5083, 5086.
- Magnesium, Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Steels.
- Stainless Steels: 18-8, 17-7, 17-4PH, MO13-8PH.
- Steel: Low carbon 1006, 1018, medium carbon 4130, high carbon 52100
- Titanium: Grade 2, Grade 5, Medical Grade 6AL4V ELI.
- Plastics: Ultem, UHMW, Delrin, Acetel, Vespel, Nylon, Kapton.
- Refractory Metals; Tungsten, Niobium, Tantalum, Rhenium, Molybedium.
- Superalloys: Haynes 25, Kovar, Invar, Inconel, Hastelloy, Cobalt Steels and Nickel Steels.
- Contract Manufacturing for medical devices and parts
- Drilling precision holes and small diameter holes
- Precision Turning with Super Precision Lathes (0.1 micron resolution) for close tolerance parts
- Machining with CNC ultra precision 5 axis applications
- Machining Military and Aircraft parts
Creating mission-critical parts for industry
- We manufacture complex, high-precision, quality components maintained to tolerances of +/- 0.0001" (0.0025mm). We utilize CNC 4-axis and 5-axis milling as well as 3-axis turning.
- We are experts in materials including but not limited to plastics, rubbers, ceramics, aluminum, steel, stainless steel, superalloys, titanium, and refractory metals.
- We employ special operations such as laser scanning, tumbling, glass bead blasting, micro-blasting, polishing, riveting, and assembly.
- We inspect each part to ensure that every specification is met by using a multi-step process which includes hand gauges, CMM, optical comparators, and Go/No-Go gauges, thereby creating Inspection Sample Warrants compliant with ISO and AS certifications.
Offering expert technical product design support
- CAD/CAM - from idea, drawing, reverse engineering, or CAD files, we will enhance your design for optimal-cost manufacturability.
- With our technical product design support, non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality are standard business practices.
Providing a "one-stop shop" for turn-key solutions
- Protomatic responds rapidly to quotes, usually within 24 hours.
- We partner to solve your toughest challenges dealing with innovation, new product development, production, and, of course, emergency situations.
- We can get you out of a jam! If those cast parts are not available yet or if they are still on the boat from an international supplier, we can rush billet parts to meet your pre-production or production needs.
- We manage secondary operations such as anodizing, grinding, plating, welding, sandblasting, painting, electro-polishing, and dry film lubrication.
- We handle program management of your job from initiation to completion: when you need it done yesterday, when you need the correct certifications, when there's no room for error, when the material is expensive, when you want one source for the complete product - with finishing and assembly - call the experts.
- We always deliver on-time and actively seek out cost reductions.