Protomatic offers a diverse array of precision CNC-turning capabilities from a professional team trained in CAD and CAM.
Our staff can handle virtually all CNC machining tasks in any medium — from plastic, aluminum and steel to super alloys, titanium and refractory metals. Protomatic can custom-make parts to your specific needs using the following equipment and methods:
- Coordinate Measurement System
- CNC 4-Axis and Standard Vertical Mills
- CNC 3-Axis and Standard Lathes
- 130/25/1 Ton Presses
- MIG, TIG, ARC, and Oxy/Acetylene Welding
- Sheet Metal Equipment; Bending & Punching
- Prototype Stampings
- Electronic Assembly
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Surface Grinding
- Glass Bead Blasting
- Medical Clean Room Benches
- Optical Comparator
We are experienced in working with a variety of materials such as:
- Aluminum 2024-T3, 2024-T4, Aircraft Aluminum 6061-T6, 7075-T6, T73 (Alclad), Naval Aluminum 5083, 5086.
- Magnesium, Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Steels.
- Stainless Steels: 18-8, 17-7, 17-4PH, MO13-8PH.
- Steel: Low carbon 1006, 1018, medium carbon 4130, high carbon 52100
- Titanium: Grade 2, Grade 5, Medical Grade 6AL4V ELI.
- Plastics: Ultem, UHMW, Delrin, Acetel, Vespel, Nylon, Kapton. PEEK
- Refractory Metals; Tungsten, Niobium, Tantalum, Rhenium, Molybedium.
- Superalloys: Haynes 25, Kovar, Invar, Inconel, Hastelloy, Cobalt Steels and Nickel Steels.
- Contract Manufacturing for medical devices and parts
- Drilling precision holes and small diameter holes
- Precision Turning with Super Precision Lathes (0.1 micron resolution) for close tolerance parts
- Machining with CNC ultra precision 5 axis applications
- Machining Military and Aircraft parts
Critical parts for industry:
- Complex, high-precision components maintained to tolerances of +/- 0.0001" (0.0025mm). We utilize CNC 4-axis and 5-axis milling as well as 3-axis turning.
- Materials including but not limited to plastics, rubbers, ceramics, aluminum, steel, stainless steel, superalloys, titanium, and refractory metals.
- Special operations such as tumbling, glass bead blasting, micro-blasting, polishing, riveting, and assembly.
- Inspection of each part to ensure that every specification is met. We use a multi-step process, which includes hand gauges, CMM, optical comparators, and Go/No-Go gauges to create Inspection Sample Warrants to ISO and AS requirements.
Expert technical product design support:
- CAD/CAM - from idea, drawing, Math Data (CAD files)
- Upon request will recommend design enhancements for optimal-cost manufacturability.
- Technical product-design support, non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality are standard practices.
A "one-stop shop" for turn-key solutions:
Protomatic usually responds to quotes within 24 hours.
We solve your toughest challenges dealing with innovation, new product development, production and emergency situations.
- If cast parts are not available or if they are still in transit from an international supplier, we can rush billet parts to meet your pre-production or production needs.
- We manage secondary operations such as anodizing, grinding, plating, welding, sandblasting, painting, electro-polishing, and dry film lubrication.
- Program management of your job(s) handled from initiation to completion.
- We deliver on time and actively seek out cost reductions.